Monday, September 21, 2009

John's 40th Birthday Party

In celebration of John's 40th, we threw a birthday fiesta. I was expecting between 60-75 people and end up with well over 100 people showing up. It was a little crazy but a lot of fun. Very grateful for all the help we got from my parents and my friend Marci and her husband Jeff. Never would have pulled it off with them.
We had a beautiful day so we had everything set up in the garage and down the driveway. At one point we had people eating on the grass and on the sidewalk. We also had yard games scattered around the yard.



Menu was of course fiesta themed. We did tacos and chicken fajitas. John decided that no party was complete without meatballs so we also had those. My mom also did fruit salad that went over very well as well. We had a small birthday cake but our main dessert was sugar cookies in the shape of donkies, sombreros and cactuses that I had made and Karen and I decorated.

Me and the birthday boy.



No comments: