Monday, June 09, 2008

Storms

The last couple days we've had some pretty severe weather. Lots of rain, wind, thunder and lightning. I got caught driving in some downpours Friday afternoon that created horrible visibilities. I've driven in winter storms where I could see better than on Friday with the sheets of rain coming down.

Saturday evening we got another set that came through and we could see the storms moving in from our front porch. John went and sat outside to watch them, and while I'm not a storm person I ventured out with the camera to get a few pictures. We did get quite a show with the clouds moving and large bolts of lightening. With my little Kodak camera it was hard to get any really good shots. Most of them turned out pretty dark like this one, which has been lightened significantly in Photoshop so you can see a little detail:


However as I was taking a few pictures, several huge bolts of lightning struck and made this picture look like it was broad daylight, when it really was quite dark out. This picture was seriously taken just moments after the one above.


And then this picture was my crowning moment, I actually captured a lightning bolt. It's the only one out of probably 30 that I took that showed the actual lightning.


And then finally one of us storm watchers. John took this and he looks very serious but I love how the picture turned out.
Stay safe everyone!!

No comments: