Saturday, April 26, 2008

Cake Decorating

So I've decided to take on another hobby. This is something I've wanted to do for awhile but never got around to it. Then a few weeks ago, Karen (our niece) called and asked if I wanted to take a class at Hobby Lobby with her and Rochelle. It meets once a week for 4 weeks on Wednesdays. This worked out perfectly for me so I said yes. It's a lot of work, because we have to bring frosted cakes to class so there is some homework but it's worth it. I've been very happy with the results from the first 3 classes. Next week is our final one and I definitely feel like I've learned a lot.

Here's my cake from class 2:


And my cupcakes from class 3:




We learned how to do these cute little clowns in class3:


Callie loved the one I let her have for her 5th birthday:
No, she didn't eat the whole thing. Just licked a bunch of frosting off. She has a huge sweet tooth, just like her mommy. :-)

3 comments:

Gretchen a/k/a StampingRooster said...

What a great excuse to eat cake! and you're doing a great job on the decorating.

tammyk95 said...

Hi Sara! The cakes look great!

tammyk95 said...

Hi Sara! The cakes look great!