Monday, September 05, 2005

Scrapbook shopping!

My trip to Okemos and Lansing were both very successful, and I feel like I have just about everything I need for my trip to the Shack in a couple weekends.

The new store call Photos to Scrapbooks in Okemos is a nice store. They had a lot of new stuff including the new Basic Grey Papers and the Pages by Design System. I had been debating about buying the Pages by Design system but after hearing many great reviews and finding a store that carried it, I decided to purchase the starter kit, which comes with the first edition of templates, the idea book and the second edition of templates.



The staff at Photos to Scrapbooks were great and even gave me a quick tour of how things were laid out when I arrived. The only thing I didn't care for was the way the store was laid out. Everything was by theme: travel, christmas, school, wedding, etc. They didn't have any just general paper aisles and it felt like everything was spread out and that I had to do a lot of walking in circles to find what I wanted. Plus, while the store was very good sized, with a great cropping area, it felt like they could have had a lot more product. I suspect with time this will be true. Overall, a really nice store and definitely worth a stop if you are in the area.

After spending entirely too much money at Photos to Scrapbooks, I still stopped at my all time favorite scrapbooking store, Pages in Time in Lansing. They always have everything I need when I need it. Surprisingly they didn't have the Basic Grey Paper or the Design System I bought at the previous store so I was really happy I had already bought them. I still found a lot of great paper for the list of pictures I'm hoping to scrapbook at my retreat, along with a new bottle of Prima flowers. :-) After a little over an hour of shopping, I made my purchases (under $20 thanks to a full punch card :-)) and headed home.

Upon arriving home, I was happy to discover that my latest Scrapgoods box had arrived and was waiting on the front porch for me. A great kit. I can't wait to try the metal embossing technique, however the colors are really formal...blacks, whites, reds and I'm not sure what pictures I'm going to use it on yet.

A great scrapbooking day though. I know have lots of new goodies to play with...just have to find the time. :-)

No comments: